My poor husband, he ended up with the cheesiest girl ever who loves all holidays, but especially Valentines Day since it is filled with red, pink, hearts, candy, flowers, and declarations of love.
Honestly - the man is a saint. I know I have high expectations, and he does so well to keep me happy!
|The night we got engaged -- dinner in Blowing Rock, NC|
|The day Ian helped me move out of my apartment. Last meal!|
3. If married, how long have you been married?
See the below picture - of course I married that handsome man.
We've been married since May 28th of last year. Coming up on 9 months!
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?We were married in Columbia, South Carolina at the historic 701 Whaley building. We were married upstairs and then everyone took the elevator downstairs to our reception. We had about 150 people who shared our special day with us.
|That boy, he loves him some zombies.|
|And he loves Skee-ball too.|
|Driving from Columbia to Charlotte to go househunting last January.|
The nicknames are out of control, and mainly due to Ian. He is a HUGE nicknamer. He'll start with one nickname and then let it gradually change and adapt into some other name. For example, follow this logic of a few of my nicknames:
Baby - Baybis - Baybeez - Brrrbzzzz - A.B.'s - Flaybeez - Fooflaybeez - Oodies - Oods - Poods.
That's only a few of my nicknames.
Oh, and the beloved Sweet Flea. Which came from Sweet Pea, obvi.
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
There is no way in the world he'd ever buy me a teddy bear ... and I am okay with that. He is great with getting me flowers and he'll often have a glass of wine poured for me when I walk into the kitchen on a special night. I'm usually the one to sprinkle rose petals -- he leaves the creativity up to me!
I've always been a sunset dinner on the beach sort of girl, but I'm starting to realize the amazingness that is a night in on the sofa with a great movie from Redbox.
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I've already shared this on the blog, but I'd really love to have my first European adventure ever with him! This will take some major saving up and planning, but we're thinking maybe next year.
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
We will be cooking at home for Valentine's Day with a really yummy menu -- balsamic glazed filet mignon, sauteed kale, salad, and a cherry cheesecake for dessert.
Oh silly, I'd never ASK for anything, but yes, I did drop a little hint :)
I have something for him too!
13. Give us one piece of advice for keeping a relationship strong and full of love.As newlyweds, we are definitely still learning! But I've picked up on the fact that you can never say "I love you" enough, and it doesn't make you weak if you say "I'm sorry" first. Also, the power of a big bear hug is amazing.